Manage WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile from a web browser on a cell phone, tablet or computer
Note: Liberty Profile V8.5.5 must already be installed
- Download the techpreview.jar file to a temporary directory Download
- Run the command:
java -jar techpreview.jar
- Read and approve the license agreement. The JAR file is extracted to the techpreview subdirectory.
- Move the uitechpreview.war file to the apps directory of a Liberty profile server and add the following application element to its server.xml file:
<application name="uitechpreview" type="war" location="uitechpreview.war"></application>
- To access the UI from a cell phone, tablet, or remote computer, ensure that the httpEndpoint element in the server.xml file sets
- Add the feature
to the server.xml file of every server in the Liberty profile installation. To use the Monitoring tool, also add the feature
to the server.xml files.
- Point a web browser at the UI. For example: http://host_name:9080/uitechpreview/