This open source integration demonstrates Scala integration through a simple Hello World sample Web application deployed to Liberty.
This samples demonstrates Scala integration through a simple Hello World Web application deployed to Liberty.
This sample can be installed onto runtime versions 184.108.40.206 and later.
- Install the packaged server by typing ‘java -jar ScalaSample.jar’ and following the instructions.
- Start the ScalaSample server by running the command ‘bin/server run ScalaSample’ from the root of the Liberty profile installation, and confirm the application started by looking in the console output":
CWWKZ0001I: Application HelloScalaWeb started in XX.XX seconds.
- In your browser, enter the URL for the application: http://localhost:9110/HelloScalaWeb (where port 9110 assumes the httpEndpoint provided in the sample server.xml has not been modified).
- In your browser, you should see a phone book shown up.
This sample does not include the open source dependencies. The installer will provide a list of the open source pre-requisite libraries and where they can be downloaded from. To help obtaining these libraries, the installer provides the option to download them on your behalf.
- Copyright.txt (copyright notice for this sample)
- readme.html (these instructions)
- server.xml (sample server using Scala shared library)
- scalaApp.war (sample Scala Web application)
- ScalaSampleLibs.xml (shared library configuration for Scala)
- ScalaSampleLibs (Scala library – downloadable during installation)