This open source integration demonstrates Spring and Spring MVC integration through a simple phonebook sample Web application deployed to Liberty.
This samples demonstrates Spring and Spring MVC integration through a simple phonebook Web application deployed to Liberty.
This sample can be installed onto runtime versions 22.214.171.124 and later.
- Install the packaged server by typing ‘java -jar SpringSample.jar’ and following the instructions.
- When prompted, set the target to the “wlp” directory of your Liberty installation.
- Start the SpringSample server by running the command ‘bin/server run SpringSample’ from the root of the Liberty profile installation, and confirm the application started by looking in the console output:
CWWKZ0001I: Application PhoneBookBySpringMVC started in XX.XX seconds.
- In your browser, enter the URL for the application: http://localhost:9111/PhoneBookBySpringMVC/ (where port 9111 assumes the httpEndpoint provided in the sample server.xml has not been modified).
- In your browser, you should see the phone book displayed.
This sample does not include the open source dependencies. The installer will provide a list of the open source pre-requisite libraries and where they can be downloaded from. To help obtaining these libraries, the installer provides the option to download them on your behalf.
- Copyright.txt (copyright notice for this sample)
- readme.html (these instructions)
- server.xml (sample server using Spring shared library)
- PhoneBookBySpringMVC-1.0.0.war (sample Spring Web application)
- SpringSampleLibs.xml (shared library configuration for Spring)
- SpringSampleLibs (Spring and pre-requisite libraries – downloadable during installation)